You won’t find a better value competition gun anywhere. If you’re into dependability, consistently and accuracy, you need the MAC 3011 SSD (standard short dust cover) or MAC 3011 SSD-T (with tactical rail). They both come with a huge mag well for faster loading, a thin custom aluminum grip, and flat competition trigger.
|Front Sight||Dovetail with Fiber Optic|
|Rear Sight||Fully Adjustable Bomar-Type|
|Finishes||Blue, Hard Chrome|
|Grips||Aluminum with Mac Logo|
|Construction||4140 Steel Frame / 4140 Hammer Forged Steel Slide|
|Safety||Ambidextrous Thumb Safety / Beavertail|
- Great value! Buy one, you won't be sorry.
Review by Jack (on 6/10/2016)
On the plus side:
+ Quality ... Nice piece! The gun is well fitted and locks up very tightly!
+ Trigger ... I'm a trigger snob, it has to be light and crisp or its not worth shooting. All of my 1911's that are used in competition have been modified with Cylinder and Slide trigger/hammer kits. This trigger was so good out of the box that I've done nothing to it except adjust the over-travel.
+ Weight ... Yep it's "heavy". But the weight helps soak up the recoil of the 45ACP. The bull barrel and squarish dust cover help keep muzzle flip to a minimum.
+ Accuracy ... My old eyes aren't good enough to shoot 25 yard groups with open sights anymore. None the less, my imperssion is that the 3011 is the most accurate "1911 style" gun in my collection by a wide margin!
+ Reliability ... The 3011 has been virtually 100% reliable since the 1st round. No breakin required. Estimating 1000 rounds through the gun at this point.
+ Magazines - 14 round OEM style magazines are available through Greg Cote for less than $25 a piece
+ Holster - Some 1911 holsters can be made to work. I had Robert at Red Hill Tactical mold me a kydex holster just for the 3011.
Negatives (and I'm really getting picky here):
- I wish that MAC offered a 9mm ... I'd buy another 3011 tomorrow if it was available in 9mm
- I'm looking for replacement grip panels (anyone know of a non-metallic replacement that fits).
- Higher capacity mags are available bit are very EXPENSIVE
- I prefer a narrower front sight and smaller fiber optic ... I will replace eventually with a 0.100" from Dawson Precision
- I prefer a flat faced trigger blade ... someday I'll get around to replacing the curved factory trigger blade
Bottom line; Great value! Buy one, you won't be sorry.